Santa Cruz’s Oldest, Largest and Finest Name in Rug Cleaning Since 1945
Visit Us in Our New Location
Top-Quality Rug Cleaning in Santa Cruz
Visit Our New Location • 111 Dubois St. #C, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 • Phone: 831-423-5235 • Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Handmade Oriental & Machine-Made Rugs
Not all rugs are the same. They have different weaves and different dyes, which dictate how they are cleaned. We are able to adapt our cleaning process to ensure that each specific rug is brought back to its original beauty and its value is protected.
At Santa Cruz Rug Cleaners, cleaning a hand-woven rug is a multi-step process designed to maximize efficiency and effectiveness without compromising delicate dyes or weaves:
- Pre-cleaning inspection to determine pre-existing conditions, fiber content, colorfastness, cleaning concerns and appropriate cleaning methods.
- Thorough dusting that will remove 10 times the amount of dry soil that is achieved through vacuuming.
- Thorough cleaning using a total-immersion process designed to remove most types of soil Deodorization in an enzyme bath to address unpleasant odors from pet urine, smoke residue or other sources.
- Rinsing to eliminate detergent residue, which can cause re-soiling and fiber deterioration.
- Grooming to set the pile in its original direction and straighten the fringe.
- Drying in our heated drying room.
- Post-cleaning inspection.
Wall-to-Wall Carpet Cleaning
- Did you know that we've been expertly providing in-home wall-to-wall carpet cleaning since carpet started being installed in homes over 60 years ago?
- How often should you clean your carpet? No other item in your home gets more wear and tear on a day-to-day basis than your wall-to-wall carpeting. Our main objective for in-home carpet care is to clean for health first and beauty second.
- Did you know that your carpet acts like a whole-house filter? It collects and filters in-door allergens, residues, dust mites and other microorganisms. Once this filter (your carpet and upholstery) is full and can't hold anymore, then it's time to thoroughly clean, maintain and protect it.
- Most carpet manufacturers recommend that your carpeting be cleaned every six to 12 months depending on the traffic level in your home.
- How much does a thorough cleaning cost? All carpets and furnishings are different. If you're looking for a "brush the dirt off the surface" type of cleaning, then we're not the right place for you. But if you want the most thorough, deep-down cleaning of your carpet – the kind where your eyes swear that your carpet is brand-new – then we're the company for you!
Did you know that furniture manufacturers are not required to put care labels on their products? The labels you see are for cushion content, not fabric content, so don't trust your investment to just anyone. Furniture that is made from synthetic fibers can be cleaned in the home, but most cottons, velvets and other delicate fabrics need to be cleaned in the safety of our shop. The other advantage of being cleaned in our shop is getting a more thorough cleaning. Dirt is put on in layers over time; therefore, it needs to be removed in layers, which can only be done in our shop.
Follow the simple guidelines below to keep all your upholstered living room, dining room and bedroom furniture looking like new.
- To avoid fading, keep upholstered home furniture away from direct sunlight.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture as often as possible. Even if your home furniture has seen little use, the abrasive action of dirt and dust particles can wear the fibers of your upholstery fabric.
- For high-use furniture, it's a good idea to frequently beat the cushions and then vacuum and rotate them.
- Avoid placing newspapers directly on home furniture upholstery fabric, since ink will accumulate and is difficult to remove.
- Never cover your upholstered home furniture with dark-colored blankets, sheets, etc., because the dyes can rub off onto fabric when dry or bleed when wet.
- Avoid the use of dyes, paints, inks, nail polishes and Mercurochrome around your upholstery fabric, since these substances alter color and will stain.
- Never remove cushion covers for dry cleaning or machine washing, even though they have zippers.
- Periodic professional cleaning will keep soil accumulation from marring the beauty of the upholstery of your home living room, dining room and bedroom furniture.
We clean a variety of items, including:
- Mattress and box springs Leather cleaning Vehicle interiors
- Motor homes
- Boat cushions
- Odor removal
- Sleeping bags
- Stuffed animals
Remember, while pickup and delivery are always available, you can save money by bringing your items in yourself and taking advantage of our 40% cash and carry discount.
If it’s cleanable, Santa Cruz Rug can clean it!